Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Domination retail patches v2.0.164
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:10 am 
Developer

Good news for Domination players:
Can you think of any better Christmas present then good patch? If not, here it is:

http://www.3dgamers.com/news/more/1096483624/

DOMINATION V2.0.164 PATCH NOTES (USA, UK, German, French, Italian, Spanish)

1. Fixed bug with 1st message duplication when opening private chat channel
2. Closing chat channel upon pressing 'x' next to the channel name feature added
3. Private chat channel is accessible now for any players being online

Hot Seat Mode:

1. Added "Surrender" button in Hot Seat mode
2. Now turn being first transferred to the opponent, and only then opponent watches replay of enemy's turn.

LAN-play:

1. Canceling connection with Game Server doesn't take player from LAN-play menu anymore.
2. Now only player who set 'Pause' in LAN-game can take it off (no forced play)

Interface:

1. Added information line in top of the screen which shows player's aliases, turn number and phase name for all game modes (i.e. singleplayer, hot seat, LAN-play, Internet play)
2. Buttons "View replay" and "Load Game" are not being displayed in Menu if no replays or games have been saved.
3. Adjusted position of text in lines for Save and Load Game.
4. Long names that don't fit are being cut with "..." now. Placing mouse over long name will bring up tooltip with full text.
5. Fixed bug with simultaneous display of double-armed and transportation units.
6. Pressing "Exit" button in Career mode brings play to main menu now.
7. Fixed bug with Game Server last login time (removed 1 hour difference)
8. Fixed bug with repeated confirmation for Connection to Game Server, which appeared upon selecting Internet play after launching game.

Developer's note: patch is installable on ANY retail version, not only on patched version 2.0.136 as it is said on 3D Gamers. Feel free to install it over 2.0.127 and even 2.0.120.

Enjoy!
Nick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:19 pm 
Conscript

Ok, first let me commend you for finally coming up with a patch that really seems to fix some of the glitches that haunt this game. BUT why didn’t you tell us:

1. New Challenges now only show under the “Challenge” Button? It took a little fumbling around to figure out why we weren’t seeing new challenges.
2. You’ve changed, at least some, of the scenarios with fewer allies for each side. Personally I’m not sure I like this change. It tends to slow the game down in my opinion. Perhaps you could add an option that lets the players control the number of allies for each scenario?
3. Considering the above, this version will not work with any of the previous versions, correct? I’m thinking this is why I’ve been having problems starting new challenges. How many players know that? How many players even know there is a new version? Perhaps you should send out an e-mail to all active players suggesting that they upgrade?
4. Other changes I haven’t noticed yet?

Don’t get me wrong, even with the glitches I love the game and it has given me hours of enjoying. I hope that you will continue to improve and enhance. I’d love to see more scenarios however, and would even be willing to pay for them.

Thanks!
WolfgangJack

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:13 am 
Developer

Hello,

I'll try to answer your questions at the best of my knowledge.

WolfgangJack wrote:

1. New Challenges now only show under the “Challenge” Button? It took a little fumbling around to figure out why we weren’t seeing new challenges.

In fact that is where new challenges shall be stored. In previous version it did work the same way, we didn't make any changes to this part.

WolfgangJack wrote:
2. You’ve changed, at least some, of the scenarios with fewer allies for each side. Personally I’m not sure I like this change. It tends to slow the game down in my opinion. Perhaps you could add an option that lets the players control the number of allies for each scenario?

Actually, you probably set up different difficulty level with new version and that is why the number of allies changed as we have them different for easy, normal and hard levels. So to change the number of allies just change difficulty level.

WolfgangJack wrote:

3. Considering the above, this version will not work with any of the previous versions, correct? I’m thinking this is why I’ve been having problems starting new challenges. How many players know that? How many players even know there is a new version? Perhaps you should send out an e-mail to all active players suggesting that they upgrade?

It should be compatible with any of previos versions. People playing older version won't see changes until they patch the game. However, for stable performance we recommend that both players have the same version for multiplayer games.

WolfgangJack wrote:
4. Other changes I haven’t noticed yet?

Looks like that's it.

WolfgangJack wrote:
Don’t get me wrong, even with the glitches I love the game and it has given me hours of enjoying. I hope that you will continue to improve and enhance. I’d love to see more scenarios however, and would even be willing to pay for them.

I'm not sure about additional content for signleplayer, but we will certainly keep working and releasing patches based on player's feedback. At the moment we're working on MAN2 which shall be great for Internet play - product at the BETA phase now.

Kind Regards,
Nick.

Post subject: Patch 2.0.164
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:46 pm 
Conscript

How do I change the dificulty level in an Internet game?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:54 am 
Developer

If you mean changing the amount of Secret Allies - it's only possible in deathmathes with AI.

Internet Play mode doesn't offer to change difficulty level or Density of Secret Allies in Domination. This option will be added for MAN2 later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:00 pm 
Veteran

Same old story: Register to download ( which I refuse to do ) or use the public server which is conveniently overloaded at the moment (pick any moment). Cant you guys provide a paying customer with a patch that he doesnt have to jump through hoops for?
Edit : Finally get to the public download and get HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden. Disable all filters and there seems to be an unknown plug in I have to install. Im sorry, can you provide a reputable link?